It's All Greek to Me!
I will admit that I am a dork for even coming up with this idea, and even more so for actually following through. I hope that this can at least be appreciated by those currently in my situation, and by anyone else who has a sense of humor!
Alpha Beta Soup: A Tribute to Math Boot Camp
Ο (Omicron) tell you a little tale
θ (theta) I hope you will be able to inhale.
‘Tis the summer, and I have been δ (delta) big blow,
Living in the ‘Cuse with no kayak to ρ (rho).
Spending all my time doing Ω (omega) tons of work,
Makes me think ι (iota) feel like a dork.
Class is conducted at an υ (upsilon) scaled pace,
Sort of like having a π (pi) smashed in your face.
Every time I open Ramanathan, I let out a loud ψ (psi),
All those σ2 and μ (sigma squares and mu’s) make me want to cry.
And α (Alpha) C. Chiang’s book is not any β (beta),
Who ν (nu) that math could be only letters?
All day long I look at ζ (zetas), λ (lambdas) and χ’s (chi’s),
And in my head I think, “My, oh ξ (xi)!”
In the evenings, to τ (tau) my thoughts from it all,
I listen to my Red Sox play a γ (gamma) baseball.
ε (Epsilon) road that I beginning to travel,
And I η (eta) pray to the Lord that I don’t unravel.
All in all, giving up the summer seems a small φ (phi)
If I will eventually κ (kappa) it off by earning my Ph.D.
1 Comments:
Love your blog! If Beckanomics does not pan out for you for some reason, the field of writing 'beckons' you I think. Toni (the Mrs. Dr.) Horrace
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home